Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's day!

.


When  I first showed my friend Linda "Lizzy-B" (drawing on your left) I was excited but didn't really know where to go with it. Linda suggested I ask my friends for their favourite dresses and to draw them. So I did. Which is how the drawing above came to be and how it found it's name "Lysa, Jen, Cori and Linda"

The First skirt is mine and well, I have a confession, Jen never got her dress to me. However the second skirt even though it is mine, always reminds me of Jen, she has this incredible sense of design I find inspiring. The third dress is Cori's. Cori is the sweetest person I have ever met and I loved the hemline of the dress she brought me! Linda that's hers on the end (right). Linda is the wisest person I've ever known. I know if  I can't figure something out, all I have to do is pop over for tea. Somewhere in our visit she'll help me find the answer to what ever problem I need to solve.



Each of these lovely ladies are Mothers and each of them have their own style of Mothering that I admire.



  To them and to you I wish you a Happy Mother's day!  Even if it is a day (or two) late-Oops

1 comment:

  1. I have known you for years and admired your talents. I am blown away at how beautiful this piece is and the time and effort you put into this sentimental remembrance of your friends. You are a lovely artist and friend. I toast you as an artist.
    love Cori

    ReplyDelete