Monday, January 30, 2012

Hey, hey good lookin'!


Last post about pot holders, promise! However, before I do that I just want to pass along my many  thanks to Krista from the VMQG and Eryn (the Hammer!) from the FVMQG . They were the ones responsible for the excellent and smoothly run inter-guild pot holder swap. As you can tell it left me inspired to make more pot holders then I ever imagined!

The last two I want to tell you about:

I fell in love with this fabric, not only because it's Cosmo Cricket (whom I first fell in love with because of their papers!) but for the quote "Hey good lookin', what you got cookin'?" There were two songs my Dad would sing to me when I was a kid, either, Hey good lookin' by Hank Williams or Tip Toe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim... but really he'd just sing the main verse over and over...and over! If you ever come across any fabric quoting Tiny Tim, please let me know!




















Last but not least,  I made these for a very special lady named Lee. Lee is the mother of my husband's best friend, who we affectionately call Nodnarb. My husband honoured Nobnarb by making him a character in GnomeD, a game he made for the iPhone. Don't be fooled the real Nobnarb doesn't have a beard or wears a hat like that!) We've known Nodnarb since high school and have been enjoying his mother's baked goods ever since. However Lee's ginger snap cookies, I declare are the best cookies in the W H O L E   W I D E   W O R L D!




















Whenever we are in Alberta we make sure to visit Lee! We always meekly ask (okay maybe not so meekly) for a bag of cookies to take home with us. These cookies are then guarded and sparingly doled out. Our kids even know you HAVE to ask for a ginger snap cookie (actually if I was being really honest, I'll admit, we hide them! Oh I  know, we're slightly evil! ha, ha!) What can I say, they are just that good and need to be savoured for scraped knees or broken hearts.
    
 










So that's it for the pot holders! I went on a bit of a rampage over Christmas making them. They were so addictive to make but you know what, I forgot to make us a pair! It figures ;)






















3 comments:

  1. OH OH I have that Cosmo Cricket fabric! I am soooo copying your pot holders, they are so sweet. Love this post.

    And I think we all love potholders, so please post more in the future. I can't wait until the next exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice potholders. I love the thread play on them. And the story of gingersnap cookies, mmmh, I can almost taste them. Loved my mom's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pot holders are beautiful! Very nicely done and wonderfully thought out! This is my first visit to your blog, found the link on the sidebar of the FV Modern QG site. am putting you on my RSS feed so will be back to visit again!

    ReplyDelete